Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Plan

I'm a wife and the momma to two very handsome little boys. I cook. I clean. I like being a traditional mother. And it's a ton of work. The bottom line is that implementing a life-changing decision like "I am going to be healthier" is a lot of work. And being a busy wife and mom means that being healthy sometimes takes a back burner.

So the plan?


The Plan: To Plan

The 29 pounds I've dropped so far was all due to making healthy a priority. It requires planning.

So, I'm going to post my plans here.


The Goal

So, I'm now at 211. And, let's face it. I'm probably never going to hit 120. I really don't believe I'm built that way. So, my reasonable long-term goal? 160. That gives me 50 pounds to go, and a total of 80 pounds overall.

What goal is good without a time frame? New Year's Day 2014. How's that for a twist? I'm not starting a New Year's Resolution for 2014, I'm completing  a resolution by then!

And for a short-term goal? 191 by September 24. That's 20 pounds. Now, I know that puts me above the "recommended" weight loss rate of 2lbs/week. But I don't care. I can do this. I need to do this.

 
The Basic Tools

  • This blog. Accountability is supposedly what it's all about, right?
  • Myfitnesspal.com. I've tried lots of tracking websites. This is the only one I've really liked.
  • My favorite at-home video workout: TURBO JAM
  • Our stroller
  • A few favorite YouTube workout videos
  • PRAYER. No joke. I need God's help to do this, and I need His blessings to keep my body accepting the changes I am trying to make

And last, but not least, a lot of sheer will-power coupled with two little boys to run me ragged and burn the heck out of these calories!


No comments:

Post a Comment